Covid Protocol at Piedmont UU Church
We are excited to welcome people back to in-person service offerings and other activities! In order to do so as safely as possible, the Regathering Committee has developed a Covid-19 Safety Chart and a Promise to each other to help guide us through our next steps. We will continue to offer a virtual option for services and Zoom is available for group meetings.
Our Promise to Each Other
When gathering in person we make a promise to each other to keep each other safe, even the most vulnerable among us.
- I will be fully vaccinated and boosted if that option is available to me.
- I will be free of symptoms and will follow CDC guidelines if I am exposed or test positive.
- I will respect and follow the precautionary measures listed in Covid-19 Safety Chart in place for the activity.
- I will inform email@example.com if I or a member of my party test positive for Covid-19 after attending a church gathering. Your information will be kept confidential.
- I will sign up for the Covid notification list if I wish to be informed by email if the church learns of a potential exposure risk at an in-person gathering.
What can I expect at Piedmont UU Church as risk levels in our communities change?
The Regathering Committee determines risk based on the advice of local experts, U.S. Covid Tracker, and the CDC while keeping in mind that unvaccinated children and immunocompromised individuals are part of our community. The Covid Tracker analyzes reported cases, hospitalizations, and infection rate. Please view the Covid-19 Safety Chart for details.
We encourage Piedmont UU members to take advantage of the church spaces available so your group can meet during low and medium risk waves. Contact the office for current guidelines on refreshments. Individual groups may make a covenant to have a higher level of precaution. They should not relax cautionary measures currently in place.
Childcare is available for children 5 and under during Sunday services and select other activities. Childcare staff and volunteers will be vaccinated.