Religious Education Lead — Job Posting
The Salisbury Gathering of Piedmont Unitarian Universalist Church is looking for a person who is
passionate about liberal religious education and faith formation for children and teens.
This person will be responsible for:
- Session material and space preparation
- Maintaining student registration information and family contact lists
- Leading weekly religious education on Sunday mornings to elementary children
- Guiding children in the development of their UU identity
- Communicating weekly with families about the session (email)
- Communicating and coordinating duties with supervisor
- Compliance with Safe Congregations policy
The ideal candidate will…
- Possess a BA in education or working towards one
- Have experience teaching or working with elementary aged children
- Have a working understanding of Unitarian Universalism and its principles
- Have basic technology skills such as email and internet browser usage
- Exhibit professionalism, kindness, organization and planning skill
- Demonstrate a cooperative and collaborative spirit
About Piedmont Unitarian Universalist Church
Piedmont Unitarian Universalist Church nurtures the spirit, cherishes diversity, and cultivates justice.
The congregation was formed in 1988 and is a member of the Unitarian Universalist Association.
Piedmont Unitarian Universalist Church is a congregation that welcomes and celebrates the presence and
participation of bisexual, gay, lesbian, and transgender people.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send a current resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.