Social Action at Piedmont Unitarian Universalist Church
Our true wealth is the good we do in this world.
Our guiding Principles as UUs call us to social action for social justice, both locally and globally. Details on current efforts are in our email communications, so be sure to sign up. We’d love to have you join us, either on a single project or as part of our Social Justice Team!
Some of our efforts recently as a congregation:
- 2022 sponsor of the Happy Roots Earth Day Jam in Salisbury.
- Forward Together: The UU Justice Ministry of NC and UU the Vote’s postcard and phone bank efforts to address voter suppression
- Local interfaith efforts such as Moral Mondays, vigils, and marches, and inviting guest speakers on social justice topics.
- Providing assistance of food, clothes, and other necessities to asylum seekers in conjunction with the Migrant Assistance Project.
- Holding supply drives for local organizations.
- Ongoing LGBTQIA+ Welcoming Congregation and supporter of local Pride events.
We also designate one-half of each Sunday’s collection for organizations and projects that promote justice. To donate in support of the current organization, go to Give Today and select “Plate Collection” from the dropdown fund menu. Thank you for your generosity!
Organizations Supported in 2022:
- January – Rowan Helping Ministries
- February – NAACP Charlotte-Mecklenburg
- March – Women’s Intercultural Exchange
- April – GreenFaith
- May – Mental Health America of Central Carolinas
- June – PFLAG of Salisbury/Rowan
- July – Cabarrus Victims Assistance Network (CVAN)
- August – Time Out Youth
- September – Latin American Coalition of Charlotte NC
- October – Cabarrus Pets Society
- November – The Catawba Cultural Preservation Project
- December – Roof Above