Adult Religious Education
Piedmont UU’s commitment to lifespan religious exploration and faith development includes offerings for adults as well as children and youth. We never stop learning! Watch the calendar and email communications for specific opportunities.
Chalice Circles (in-person and online)
Small groups for church members that are formed yearly to facilitate connections between participants, complete a group service project, and more deeply explore the monthly themes.
Ethical Explorations Discussion Group — Meets Online
Meeting Sunday mornings, this is an open group that collectively chooses books, magazine articles, etc. to focus attention on various ethical questions.
CUUPs (Covenant of UU Pagans) Book Group — Meets Online
Meets the second Wednesday evening of the month to discuss books related to Paganism.
Newcomer Orientation — Meets Online and In Person
For those interested in joining our congregation, learn more about Piedmont Unitarian Universalist Church.
Piedmont Meditation Group — Meets Online
Meditation and discussion Mondays at 7 pm. All are welcome.
Special Focus Classes
Throughout the year, we offer classes on a special focus, ranging from one session to several weeks. Some of the more recent topics have been:
- “Widening The Circle of Concern” series (discussing a report on efforts to dismantle racism and white supremacy culture within the denomination as we seek to live out our Principles);
- a book discussion of “See No Stranger,” a memoir by Sikh activist, filmmaker, and civil rights lawyer Valarie Kaur;
- “Cakes for the Queen of Heaven” course (women’s spirituality);
- “Race, the Power of an Illusion” series (race as a social construct)
- “Gender Revolution” documentary watch party (gender as a social construct)